Our Commitments To You
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data (information about you that enables you to be identified). It includes how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal data
- We will only collect and process your data when necessary
- We will never sell, rent or distribute or make public your personal data
- You have the right to request from us details about how we hold your data, and update your preferences at any time
- For the purposes of this Policy, “we” or “us” refers to Jigsaw Cloud Ltd, the data controllers and its affiliated company Jigsaw Cloud Inc.
Our websites are designed to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) that came into effect in May 2018, and other related legislation.
Information we collect
The information we collect will be used to:
- provide you with the information, products or services that you sign up to;
- carry out our obligations to you as a client, contractor or candidate for contractual purposes;
- notify you about any changes to our services that affect you as a client;
- provide you with information that you have consented to be contacted about;
- ensure that content from our website is presented correctly;
If any information you provide to us changes, these can be updated by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update or remove any information that we hold about you. We may however need to retain archive copies of that information for legal purposes, such as to defend a legal claim or for audit purposes, such as to monitor marketing preferences and decisions.
Jigsaw Cloud has a legitimate interest in processing personal data when marketing its services to other businesses that is has identified as having an interest in, or benefiting from, our services. The individual contacted via marketing communications can update their preferences or opt-out at any time. At this time, we will update or remove the data record as appropriate.
Website visitor tracking
Like most websites, this site tracks user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
We use tools including Google Analytics (GA), which although it records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to identify you, but Google do not grant us access to this.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
Data capture & storage
If you choose to complete our website contact form, enquiring about our services, this information will be sent via email to email@example.com, which is accessed by our sales team for processing your enquiry. We will store your information for the purpose of your enquiry and to contact you in the future if we believe our other services, resources or business updates will be of interest.
For sales and marketing purposes we may collect the following personal data – name, job title, company name, company address, business email address, telephone number and your areas of interest where this is provided.
If you would like to change how we process your information for marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will hold your data for as long as you are happy for us to hold your data for marketing purposes, and you can easily unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time through the link at the footer of the email communication.
For non-marketing purposes, we may collect additional personal data as necessary for our engagement with you (as candidate, employee or contractor) and we will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the duration of our engagement with you, OR:
- Where required for contractual, regulatory or auditing purposes;
- While actively seeking new work for an individual
- For the purposes of doing business
External website links
Third party data processing
We sometimes use third parties to process data on our behalf:
For website traffic monitoring and analytics reporting. For more on Google and GDPR click here.
HubSpot Sales CRM & Marketing Automation
Disclosing your information
If we hold your personal information, we may disclose this information to any member of our Group (subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006) for example sale or transfer of the business.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to third parties but only in the following circumstances:
- If we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations, including for accounting and taxation purposes;
- Where it is necessary to provide you with information or services;
- To protect your rights, property or safety of Jigsaw Cloud, our customers or other stakeholders (this may include sharing information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or prevention and credit risk management);
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, where we need to disclose your information to the prospective buyer or seller;
- If Jigsaw Cloud or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, where personal client information will be one of the assets transferred.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data at any time for marketing purposes. You can do this via by emailing email@example.com.
You also have the right to access the data we hold about you, via a subject access request. This should be made in writing and sent via email or post using the contact information below.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data protection queries should be sent to the:
Data Protection Officer, Jigsaw Cloud. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 0800 0353 970. Write to us at Castle Hill House, Castle Hill, Windsor, SL4 1PD.
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy was last updated 14 September 2020.